Faculty of Life Sciences and Biotechnology (FLSB)
New Delhi 110021
We have been working in the field of abiotic stress response in the plant system. It is a challenge to develop crop plants that can withstand different abiotic stresses at the field level. Tolerance towards a particular stress is a polygenic trait.
It is very important to understand the complex network of genes and proteins in the abiotic stress response. Our goal is to understand and identify the basic molecular mechanism underneath abiotic stress signaling in the plant system.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biology, University of Western Ontario London, Canada (2012)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Delhi, India (2011-2012)
- Short term Postdoctoral Fellow, IBG-2: Plant Sciences, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany (2010)
- PhD from International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi , in 2010
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh , in 2005
Batth, R., Singh, K., Kumari, S., and Mustafiz, A. (2017) Transcript Profiling Reveals the Presence of Abiotic Stress and Developmental Stage Specific Ascorbate Oxidase Genes in Plants. Front. Plant Sci. 8:198.doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.00198
Jain M, Batth R, Kumari S, Mustafiz A. (2016) Arabidopsis thaliana Contains Both Ni2+ and Zn2+ Dependent Glyoxalase I Enzymes and Ectopic Expression of the Latter Contributes More towards Abiotic Stress Tolerance in E. coli. PLoS One. 14;11(7):e0159348. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0159348. eCollection 2016.
Mustafiz, A. Kumari, S. and Karan, R. (2016) Ascribing functions to genes: Journey towards genetic improvement of rice via functional genomics. Current Genomics. 17(3): 155-176.
Kaur, C., Kushwaha, H.R., Mustafiz , A., Pareek, A., Sopory, S,K., and Singla-Pareek S,L. (2015) Analysis of global gene expression profile of rice in response to methylglyoxal indicates its possible role as a stress signal molecule. Front Plant Sci. 6:682. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2015.00682.
Mustafiz, A., Ghosh, A., Tripathi, A.K., Kaur, C., Ganguly, A.K., Bhavesh, N.S., Tripathi, J.K., Pareek, A., Sopory, S.K., and Singla-Pareek, S,L. (2014) A unique Ni2+ -dependent and methylglyoxal-inducible rice glyoxalase I possesses a single active site and functions in abiotic stress response. Plant J. Jun;78(6):951-63. doi: 10.1111/tpj.12521. Epub 2014 May 23. PMID: 24661284
- Kumar R*, Mustafiz A*, Sharma V, Samanta S, Sahoo KK, Sopory SK, Pareek A, Singla-Pareek SL (2012) Functional screening of cDNA library from a salt tolerant rice genotype Pokkali identifies Mannose -1-phosphate guanyl transferase gene (OsMPG1) as a key me. Ananda Mustafiz (2012)
Sharma S, Mustafiz A, Singla-Pareek S, Shankar Srivastava P, Sopory S (2012) Characterization of stress and methylglyoxal inducible triose phosphate isomerase (OscTPI) from rice Plant Signal Behav. 1;7(10). [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22902706.
Mustafiz A, Singh AK, Pareek A, Sopory SK and Singla-Pareek SL (2011) Genome-wide analysis of rice and Arabidopsis identifies two glyoxalase genes that are highly expressed in abiotic stresses. Funct Integr Genomics. [Epublished ahead of print]. PMID: 21213008.
- Plants response towards abiotic stresses