Department of Sociology
- PhD from Columbia University , in 2007
- LLM,School of Oriental and African Studies from University of London
- BA, LLB (Hons), National Law School of India University, Bangalore
" Public Interest Litigation as a Slum Demolition Machine." Projections: MIT Journal of Planning 12 (2016): 67-97.
"Courting the People:The Rise of Public Interest Litigation in Post-Emergency India." Comparative Studies of South
Asia, Africa and the Middle East 34.2(2014): 314-335.
“Black Friday: Mediation and the Impossibility of Justice,” Centre for the Study of Law and Governance Working Paper Series, JawaharlalNehru University, New Delhi, 2012. CSLG/WP/17.
- “‘Very Wicked Children’: ‘Indian torture’ and the Madras Torture Commission Report of 1855”, Sur: International Journal on Human Rights, June 2009, Issue 10, pp. 7-26
- “The ‘law’ of the police,” The Sarai Reader: Frontiers, 2007, pp.134-143.
- Legal Anthropology
- Anthropology of Media
- Public law
- Post-colonial Indian Politics
- Anthropology of Human Rights
- Criminal Justice and Policing