Faculty of Economics (FE)
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
Room No.: 328
Soumya Datta received his doctoral degree from the Centre for Economic Studies & Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi in 2011. His doctoral work explored applications of Kolmogorov-Lotka-Volterra class of models in macrodynamics of financing investment. Prior to joining South Asian University in 2012, he was teaching at the Department of Economics, Shyam Lal College (Evening), University of Delhi. He has also been a visiting faculty at NCWEB, University of Delhi. His research interest lies broadly in the area of macroeconomic theory and complex systems. His current research work focuses on growth cycles, financial crises, asset price bubbles, optimal exchange rate regimes and models with heterogeneous agents.
- PhD from Jawaharlal Nehru University , in 2011
- 'Macrodynamics of debt-financed investment-led growth with interest rate rules', Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, forthcoming.
- 'Robust Cycles in Kolmogorov-Lotka-Volterra Class of Models with Intraspecific Co-operation', Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, Volume 32, pp. 98-110, 2016.
- 'Cycles and Crises in a Model of Debt-financed Investment-led Growth' in Satish K. Jain and Anjan Mukherji (eds.) Perspectives on Efficiency, Growth and Inequality, Routledge, 2015.
- 'Investment-led Growth Cycles: A Preliminary Re-appraisal of Taylor- type Monetary Policy Rules' in Hiranya Mukhopadhyay, Krishnendu Ghosh -Dastidar and Uday Bhanu Sinha (eds.) Dimensions of Economic Theory and Policy: Essays for Anjan Mukherji , Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2011.
- 'Goodwin's Growth Cycles: A Reconsideration' (with Anjan Mukherji) in Banasri Basu, Bikas K. Chakravarty, S.R. Chakravarty and Kausik Gangopadhyay (eds.) Econophysics and Economics of Games, Social Choices and Quantitative Techniques, Springer, 2010.
- 'Chaotic Dynamics of Financing Investment', Metroeconomica 56(1), pp. 58-84, 2005.
- Macroeconomic theory, Nonlinear dynamics and complex systems